10 Tips For Planning A Backyard Style Rehearsal Dinner Menu.
1- Theme- Determine the style of the rehearsal dinner- Will the venue be country comfort or upscale. The style of the rehearsal dinner can complement the wedding, but it should not copy or overshadow it. Some couples opt for a complete contrast for their rehearsal dinner.
2. Serving your guests- Choose the desired way to serve the food- Some options are: buffet, appetizer stations & family-style.
3. “Signature Dish”- Depending on the location, have your caterer create a signature dish to give “out of town” guests a taste of the area. Using local produce is a great start.
4. Menu options- Traditionally, a backyard event pares very well with a barbecue menu. Some caterers (like us) will do onsite BBQ’s which can be quite entertaining! For example a smoker or a pig cooker can be brought onsite and are a very popular choice for a backyard event.
5. “A evening for the groom” – The rehearsal dinner menu could represent the “groom & his likes”. Since the rehearsal dinner is traditionally paid for by the grooms family it wouldn’t be out of the norm to do something that reflects their son & his favorite foods. Typically the wedding is about the bride, something special for the “groom” would be a nice touch. Focus on his hobbies & likes… Ie; Ball park theme, BBQ, chicken wing station, Steaks fresh off the grill, fresh mozzarella station..
6. Other Menu Options- Favorite foods the couple loves.
7. Sample San Antonio BBQ Menu
-St. Louie ribs
-BBQ chicken & Herb basted grilled chicken
-Grilled corn on the cob- with Herb Butter
– southern style baked beans
– macaroni salad
– spring mix salad
Remember it the simple things that make a big difference! Planning a wedding or rehearsal dinner is always like planning a family reunion, it should be comfortable and welcoming for your guests. The focus should always go into making the food taste fresh & amazing. Be creative when designing your theme. DIY ideas are always exciting and give your guests the “wow” factor! These simple principals will ultimately give you an event that will be remembered for a lifetime!