The Perfect Holiday Centerpiece
Today I wanted to show off a perfect holiday centerpiece that would work for a large wedding, engagement party or just for your holiday table. Follow the step by step directions and you can’t lose.
Here is a picture of what your masterpiece will look like when you are finished!
What You Need
- Block of floral foam
- Planter or vase
- Sprigs of greenery such as pine and incense cedar
- Floral picks
- Cinnamon oil
How to Make It
1. Soak a block of floral foam in tepid water.
2. Position the foam in a planter or vase and cut the foam so it’s about an inch above the rim.
3. Working in a clockwise fashion, tuck in sprigs of greenery, such as bits of pine.
4. Add another round of greenery. This time, you may wish to use something with a little contrast, such as incense cedar with tiny golden berries.
5. Insert floral picks into apples.
6. To keep the apples looking good through the holidays, dip the picks in cinnamon oil. It will act as an antiseptic to seal the punctures so the apples last longer — and it adds a festive scent.