Hay bales have been a trend in rustic weddings from the very beginning, most likely due to the fact that they are widely available at most rustic venues! Over the years we have seen them incorporated into weddings in so many beautiful ways. We pulled our ten favorites today to inspire future rustic weddings to break the mold and push the boundaries of what these simple things can do for your wedding! We think you’ll find these ten real weddings truly inspiring!
1. Mismatched Quilt Covered Hay Bales for Circular Seating : We love these mismatched quilt coverings just as much as we love the idea of circular seating for a ceremony held beneath a large oak tree. This is a perfect option for a farm wedding if you want to add some color to the setting!
2. Ceremony Prop : This couple used hay bales as decor for their farm wedding to make it really feel like a farm wedding! We love the setup here, its a gorgeous and romantic image. They hay bales catch the light so beautifully and we can almost smell them just looking at this picture!
3. Venue Icon : This couple wandered into the field to take photographs with the large rounds of hay. The scale of these is truly stunning and we can’t get over how beautiful the light looks here! If you are having a farm wedding, consider all of the aspects of the farm where the beauty of farming is already in place!
4. Large Couch for Guest Seating : This wedding featured a large couch made from multiple hay bales for guests to sit. We love the idea of a giant love seat and this one is so great looking! Adorn it with some big overstuffed pillows and a soft quilt and your guests will absolutely love it!
5. Aisle Decoration : This wedding featured hay bales as bases for aisle lanterns. We have never seen anything like this before! It’s such creative use for a barn wedding. We also love how it has been scattered down the aisle or maybe thats just how that floor of the barn was!) Either way – we love it.
6. Sheet Covered for Dinner Seating : This is also something we have never seen before. This tented reception used hay bales as seeing for dinner! Each has been covered with a bedsheet and tied at the corners to keep it secure. This is such a great idea for a rustic farm wedding dinner!
7. Vintage Quilt Covered for Casual Ceremony Seating : At this wedding ceremony the hay bales were covered with mismatched vintage quilts to create a casual ambiance. The guests look comfortable and the colors are a beautiful addition of the setting.
8. White Sheet Covered Hay Bales for Stadium Style Seating : Here the hay bales have been used to create a stadium style seating for an outdoor ceremony held in a gazebo. The continuous white sheet covers add to the stadium feel! This is one example of how you can think of these as building blocks for larger structures!
9. Quilt Covered Hay Bales for Hay-Ride Seating : Even though this seems obvious we haven’t seen it at many weddings! Hay bales for seating on hay rides to escort guests around at a farm wedding are so authentic and fun for guests! This one incorporated soft quilts to make it more comfortable for the riders! An important thing to remember is that the hay itself isn’t comfortable, you need thick blankets or sheets if you are going to use them for seating!
10. Lace Covered Hay Bale Couch : This lace covered hay bale couch is another great example of thinking outside the box. this couch was build from multiple hay bales and covered with lace to give it a feminine and elegant touch in true Rustic Chic fashion!